Friends of CLP Volunteer Organization
We are a support system for CLP Middle School made up of parents, guardians, and community members that are dedicated to improving, supporting and appreciating our students, teachers and staff.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
What an exciting month we had for December! I hope everyone had a fabulous Winter Break! Check out what we helped with:
- We served pizza, chips and soda at the Winter Dance
- We organized the Teacher Brunch
- So many wonderful goodies, food and drinks were donated by parents for the Holiday Teacher Brunch! It was a huge success and very much appreciated by teachers and staff.
- Many Wish List gifts were given to grateful teachers.
- Teachers and Staff were able to enjoy a fabulous BBQ lunch with our Hog Wild BBQ from the Carnival.
- Several parents helped with some fun field trips.
What are we planning for January and February? Hope you are well rested because it will be great! Get ready for all these fun events:
- Our Hearing and Vision screening is on Thursday, January 31st in the morning. We need volunteers. Call the school or email Friends, so that we can get you on our list. No experience is needed! You must be a registered volunteer.
- The Valentine’s Day Dance is February 8. We will sell pizza and chips again and serve soda. Volunteers are needed. Email Friends. You must be a registered volunteer. Donations of soda is always welcome. Just drop it off at the Front Office.
- We will send out Teacher Grant requests in January with a vote for what is given out at our February meeting (TBD- so watch for more info!).
We look forward to hearing from you! Our email is FriendsofCLPM@gmail.com
Happy 2019! Kindly, Angela
* Field Trips
*Vision and Hearing Screening
*Staff Bulletin Board
*Spring/Fall Outside Cleanup
Staff and Student Appreciation
*Feed our Teachers on Teacher Conference Nights
*Teacher Appreciation in May
*Seasonal Treats or Gifts for Staff
*Student gifts for IB awards (gift cards)
*Donations for Crow’s Nest
*Magazine Sale in September
*Plank Walk in Spring
*Equinox Half Marathon
*Grant Writing Committee
*Recycle used printer/toner cartridges for our Media Center
*Caps4Cash and Box Tops
Other Ways to Help:
*Order new magazines and renew old subscriptions through our Magazine Sale at apmags.com
*King Soopers Cards
*Shop at Office Depot and give them CLP Middle School’s ID# 70018141
*CLP is a non-profit 501(c)3 Your donation could be tax-deductible!
WHY VOLUNTEER IN MIDDLE SCHOOL?
Why Involvement Matters
Research shows that when parents are involved in their children's education, the children are more likely to:
• earn better grades.
• score higher on tests.
• pass their classes.
• attend school regularly.
• have better social skills.
• show improved behavior.
• be more positive in their attitude toward school.
• complete homework assignments.
• graduate and continue their education.
A Significant Difference
One study found that students from families with above-average parent involvement were 30 percent more successful in school than those with below-average involvement. Success was measured by GPA; test scores in math, science, reading, and social studies; promotion and retention rates; and teacher ratings. Another study found that in schools where teachers reported high levels of outreach to parents, test scores grew at a rate 40 percent higher than in schools that reported low levels of outreach to parents. A three-year study of 12,000 high school student concluded that "When parents come to school regularly, it reinforces the view in the child's mind that school and home are connected and that school is an integral part of the whole family's life.”
Friends of CLP and Meetings
We meet 6-8 times throughout the year at CLP. Some meetings are in the afternoons and others are in the evening.
Meeting dates and times will be posted through our Principal’s Message, on our CLP MS VOLUNTEER Home page link, in the CLP Newsletter ‘Friends of CLP’ Section and through email from the Executive Board.
You can choose to help at a single event, for a single day, at ongoing projects or working with school staff. We will let you know when to meet up and help out! Make sure to contact us so we can get in touch with you.
Throughout the year you can always add extra events or change plans and be removed from a sign-up.
WHEN YOU ARE READY….
Volunteers in Poudre School District MUST be registered with the school district.
This is a simple process that takes only a few minutes and is a one time registration.
Once registered you will have access to opportunities at a specific school or schools of your choice, or district-wide.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
Friends of CLP
Parent Volunteer Organization