Pirate Tutorial Rules
The purpose of Pirate Tutorial is to promote student learning and success by providing a productive time and place for students to work after school.
- Pirate Tutorial is for any student who would like to stay after school to study.
- Pirate Tutorial begins September 4th and will end on May 23rd. It is held in the Poudre Lab, and the telephone number is 488-7414. A certified teacher is always present.
- Pirate Tutorial will be offered from 2:30pm to 4:30pm, Monday through Thursday, throughout the school year (it is never held on Fridays). Pirate Tutorial will not be held on the following dates: Oct. 17, Oct. 18, Nov. 21, Nov.22, Dec. 24 – Jan. 7, Jan. 21, Feb. 28, March 18 – March 21. If any other exceptions come up it will be posted on the announcements.
- Due to Staff Meetings, Pirate Tutorial will be held in the North Fork Lab on the following dates: Sept. 19, Oct. 3, Dec. 19, Jan. 16, Feb. 27, March 13, April 17, May 15. The telephone number is 488-7416.
- Pirate Tutorial Release forms can be obtained from the Front Office and on the CLPMS Web Site.
- Daily attendance will be tracked. Students utilizing Pirate Tutorial will be required to sign in by 2:30pm.
- Once signed in, students must remain in Pirate Tutorial until 4:30pm. Exceptions to this rule will be made if:
- The parent comes to the Poudre Lab to personally sign out their student, calls the Poudre Lab, 488-7414 (student will be sent to the front of the building), or has submitted a signed release statement indicating the time of dismissal. For safety reasons students will not be released if they receive a call or text on their cell phones.
- If the student has an elementary bus pass from the office, they will be allowed to leave at 3:30pm. They may not leave Pirate Tutorial to obtain this pass. They must get the elementary bus pass prior to coming to Pirate Tutorial.
- Students may take the elementary bus home at 3:40 (with an elementary bus pass) or they may take the activity bus at 4:40 (one bus travels East to Taveli Elementary with several other drop-off points, and one bus travels West up to Livermore Elementary and may stop at other points along the route, if needed). You may call 488-7400 for specific drop-off information.
- All students must be responsible for bringing all their homework every day.
- CLPMS rules from the Parent/Student handbook will be in effect during Pirate Tutorial.
- CLPMS reserves the right to dismiss any student for any length of time for failure to comply with these rules.